Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No Such Thing as a Typical Day!

Once upon a time (yesterday), I thought I would write about a typical day on the farm.
  It began as every other day: send the boys off to school and work, bottle-feed 9 babies, scoop a full wheelbarrow load of manure, feed the chickens (so they don't descend on the horse feed), feed Lucy, tie and feed the new Belgian draft while soaking her foot in Epsom salts for 30 minutes to heal an abscess, another load of manure, hay and grain the 30+ goats in 5 different paddocks/pastures, feed and grain our Jersey cow, milk 4 goats, strain, bottle and chill milk....

  Then I began setting up to plant all my old packages of seeds. I made it through the 4 packs of Bell peppers...


when I heard an increasingly familiar sound.  And went to investigate. And found this....


 

....and then later in the afternoon, after I had milked the new mom and bottle fed her two little girls and gotten them settled in the "nursery" with Miles I found....                                                                                          
                                                                                   

TO BE CONTINUED....

1 comment:

  1. They are so cute...do you ever have a laid back day?? You are the busiest woman I know!! There is a crop in April at Mosley High...interested??

    ReplyDelete