Saturday, March 10, 2012

People Are What's Important

  Can I boast on my husband for just a minute?  It really is homestead based, but on a much larger level. You see, I believe we're not meant to do it all alone. We're part of a bigger plan, a more elaborate picture. Maybe not the "It takes a village" mentality, but for sure the "Love your neighbor as yourself"  lifestyle.  And that's what my husband did today.

It was his first day off in two weeks, and it began with him helping a dear friend with a roll of hay... In the rain.


Which then, through a series of events, led us to another neighboring farm to spend several hours fixing a broken tractor for a sweet woman he'd never met before.


And somehow, in between feeding baby goats and feeding the horses, he found time to pressurize a well pump for a single woman down the road to stop her water from surging.


   It's not like he had nothing to do today. I have a list of projects a mile long that I'd like done around the farm, but I agree - these were more important.

Because we're part of a bigger plan.
Because our neighbors needed help.
Because Jesus said, 'Asuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did [it] to one of the least of these My brethren, you did [it] to Me.' 
We're in this journey together.

And I'm so proud to be his wife!

3 comments:

  1. That brings tears to my eyes... He is an answer to so many prayers. :) May the Lord bless him "pressed down, shaken together, running over." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marcy...both of you are very special people. God blesses you every day with such an abundance of love. I am very proud to know both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my tractor...Big Thank You! Marcy...you're the one that said "My husband and I will be over"....you are so very special!

    ReplyDelete