I'm STILL working through the buckets of zucchini and I imagine you are too if you garden. Tonight I tried a new recipe - Zucchini Tots. I didn't make enough.
This recipe makes one mini muffin tin so be sure to double-triple-or more it.
1 cup grated zucchini
1/4 onion minced
1/4 cup cheese - (I used cheddar but next time I'll try pepper jack for a little zing)
1/4 cup bread crumbs - I used Italian
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees
* Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray
* Grate zucchini and blot dry with paper towels
* Combine egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs and zucchini
* Spoon into muffin tins
* Bake 15-18 minutes until brown and set
A few more loaves of zucchini bread and I will have finished these,
but yesterday we went to get a roll of hay and visited with Buttercup and the Beauchamps for a bit and came home with this blessing...
I foresee more squash recipes in the near future.
What's your favorite way to cook squash?