Wednesday, November 14, 2012

In The Past 10 Days...

Have you ever been so overwhelmed that you just shut down? That's where I'm at right now. Self-imposed, of course, but I haven't been able to pull it together since the Ironman. The other night my husband came home from work and there were about 5 loads of unfolded laundry on the chair, 2 cases of bananas, 1 case of oranges, grapes, boxes of cups, football paraphanalia, honey boxes stacked, waiting to be spun, banana bread in the oven, 2 dehydrators running, soap curing on the kitchen counters, and every other table top or flat surface piled high with soap wrapping material: scrapbook papers, scissors, ribbons, tape, stickers, cellophane...  When he walked in the door I was sitting at the computer. I smiled sweetly and said, "Hi honey, leave me alone I'm playing Spider Solitaire." Bob has a great sense of humor and he gets me. We both looked at each other and started to laugh. But that's how I felt. Leave it alone and maybe it will go away while I pretend it's not there.

Since Ironman, here are some of the things we've been doing around the Homestead:

Banana Breads and Muffins
Dehydrated Banana Chips

Pineapple House Addition
New Peeps
OH NO! Not again!
Loaded a total of 270 bales!
Made and debuted my homemade goat milk soaps
In individual homemade packaging
And many other variuos assorted things that I have absolutely no recollectioon of unless I take a picture! The holidays are quickly approaching which is weighing heavily on my mind because, as if all this is not enough, I've decided that this year I will not only make all our holiday cards, but any gift that I give as well. Again, self-imposed (with a little help from our lack of finances!)
The good news is, I'm coming back to life and starting to dig out. The bananas are gone - every one of them used, the kitchen table is visible, the laundry is slowly receeding, the pineapples are in their new digs (but have yet to be planted in the ground), Dixie is going to the vet for an X-ray on Friday, the family holiday card prototype is made and I have Christmas music playing to set the mood. I'm coming out of this slump.

But then yesterday...


2 comments:

  1. Aww!!! Those baby goats are SOOO cute!!! If they stayed that size and did'nt need so much room and there was'nt a possibility my pitty bull would play too ruff and kill or scar them I would take two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like there's been a lot of stuff to do.

    ReplyDelete